8th Sept – 15th Sept 2019 (7 nights / 8 days)
Quad Share (2bdr/4 people)
NZD $2,395 (non-golfer)
Twin Share (1bdr/2 people)
NZD $2,695 (non-golfer)
Single Room (1bdr/1 person)
NZD $3,695 (non-golfer)
Explore the delights of the beautiful Hunter Valley, from award-winning wineries and acclaimed restaurants to tasty festivals and fresh local produce.
With beautifully designed golf courses surrounded by rolling vineyards and spectacular mountain ranges, the Hunter Valley is one of the best golf destinations in the world. The golf resorts are world-class, offering an elegant range of accommodation styles next to the splendid fairways and greens.
You’ll be thrilled with the various championship and nine-hole golf courses in Australia’s oldest wine region, which is two hours’ drive north of Sydney and 50 minutes west of Newcastle Airport. The golf clubs and golf resorts offer superb facilities, and the courses are as challenging as they are beautiful.
With more cellar doorsthan any other wine region in Australia, one of the great pleasures of wine tasting is discovering what you like. From the classic valley wines to the newer varieties, you’ll find the experience both fun and informative, and you can visit the wineries directly or with wine tours.
The Hunter Valley is a famous wine region. Although specifically known for its Semillon and Shiraz, the Hunter Valley has more to offer than just wine.The Hunter is one big gorge fest: fine wine, gourmet restaurants, boutique beer, chocolate, cheese, olives, you name it.
- Return airfares
- Four rounds of golf on superb courses (carts included)
- Happy hours after each round of golf
- Unique golf competition
- Stay 7 nights at the Oaks Cypress Resort voted Australia’s best golf hotel in 2017. Includes daily full buffet breakfast.
- All transfers included
- Day trip Hunter Gatherers wine tour including famous cheese and wine experience
- Plenty of time to visit the many restaurants, attractions and wineries
- Extra rounds of golf can be organized
- Singles welcome
- Non-golfers welcome
Golf Courses you play
Find Out More
- Day 1 (Sun 8thSept) – arrive at Sydney Airport. Transfers from airport to Hunter Valley approximately 2 hours’ drive to Cypress Lakes Resort, your home for next 7 nights. Rest of the day to get settled in. Later in the day, we have a happy hour, so everyone can get to know each other.
- Day 2 (Mon 9thSept) – Golf Day at Hunter Valley Golf Club. You will be transferred to Hunter Valley GC.Enjoy panoramic views of the Hunter Valley while you challenge our world class golf course. Happy Hour once we get back to Cypress Lakes resort to debrief on the days play.
- Day 3 (Tue 10thSept) –Golf Day at Easts Leisure Golf Club. Happy Hour once we get back to your accommodation to debrief on the days play and see who is leading the competition.
- Day 4 (Wed 11thSept) – Free Day.
- Day 5 (Thu 12thSept) – Golf Day at Cypress Lakes Country Club.Each tee and green offers stunning panoramic views of the Hunter Valley’s famous vineyards and the surrounding Brokenback mountain range. Happy hour and check the leader board.
- Day 6 (Fri 13thSept) – Golf Day at Vintage Golf Club. Nestled among the vineyards of the Hunter Valley, The Vintage is a Greg Norman designed golf course. Happy hour,wrap up of golf comp and prize giving.
- Day 7 (Sat 14thSept) – Day trip. Two Fat Blokes wine tour. Hunter Gatherer’s tour is the most popular full day Hunter Valley wine tour in wine country. Join this tour and we take you for a private tasting to 4 or 5 of the Hunter Valley’s great wineries, including a beautiful lunch.
- Day 8 (Sun 15th Sept) – time to go home I’m afraid, but I am sure you will be back next year. Transfers to Sydney airport for your flight home.
CYPRESS LAKES GOLF & COUNTRY CLUB Enjoy panoramic views of the Hunter Valley while you challenge our world class 18-hole championship golf course. Each tee and green offers stunning panoramic views of the Hunter Valley’s famous vineyards and the surrounding Brokenback mountain range. This championship layout boasts dramatic fairway shapes and elevation changes, 60 strategically located bunkers and generous greens that are in superb condition year round.
Set amongst a spectacular backdrop of vineyards and rugged mountain ranges, the Hunter Valley Golf and Country Club located at Crowne Plaza Hunter Valley, is a stunning 18 hole championship course. The fully accredited course measures 5170 metres in length and is suited to golfers of all levels. The impressive layout of the course features a variety of challenging holes that will exceed expectations.
Nestled among the vineyards of the Hunter Valley, The Vintage is a Greg Norman designed golf course. The Vintage blends in with the natural surroundings, gently winding its way around undisturbed wetlands, trickling creeks, eucalypt forests, Beggars Bridge and Bimbadgen Vineyards.
East’s Leisure & Golf offers a championship 18-hole golf course with a Par of 71 (5783m) for the men and a Par 72 (5178m) for the ladies. Water comes into play on many holes, particularly on the back nine. The gently undulating course is a haven for wildlife and is challenging enough for the serious golfer, yet very enjoyable for those that just enjoy the exercise.
Voted Australia’s best golf hotel in 2017. We are located centrally in Pokolbin to many award winning restaurants and cellar doors. Located in the beautiful Hunter Valley Wine Country, Oaks Cypress Lakes Resort is a premier 300-acre property voted “Best Golf Hotel” in this year’s Spice Hot 100 list. This hinterland resort boasts over 200 premier villas, Cypress Lakes Bistro & Bar, a smart casual dining restaurant, whiskey bar, 2000sqm of exceptional Meeting, Conference and Event facilities and a 6,487 meter, par 72 18-hole championship golf course ranked among the top resort courses in Australia.
- 3 x pools
- Tennis courts
- Resort shop
- Oak & Vine Restaurant
- Cypress Lakes Bistro and Bar
- onsite shuttle bus
- championship golf course.
The Hunter Valley is the birthplace of Australian wine with over 150 premium wine producers holding a very special place in the global wine industry. Oaks Cypress Lakes Hunter Valley Resort is located in Central Pokolbin neighboured by the vineyards of Brokenwood, Tamburlaine, Pokolbin Estate, Audrey Wilkinson, Roche Estate (formerly known as Tempus Two) and Hunter Valley Gardens. The iconic 300 acre resort includes a golf & country club, two restaurants, two bars, three pools, two tennis courts and a wide variety of self-contained accommodation. The thoughtfully appointed one, two and three bedroom villas are set against a stunning backdrop of the rolling golf greens and spectacular Broken Back Mountain Range. The Pro Shop has an onsite secure storage for golf clubs. There is no charge for storage.
Things to do
Float above the vineyards
Set your alarm clock early for a sunrise hot air balloon ride with Balloon Aloft. On this one hour flight you’ll ascent above the Hunter Valley vineyards of Pokolbin, Lovedale, Rothbury and Broke, to heights of more than 600 metres (2000 feet).
Be pampered at a day spa
After all that food and wine, it’s time to unwind at one of the Hunter Valley’s many day spas. Choose from a number of spa packages at Château Élan, which include use of the hydro lounge, offering a plunge pool and outdoor hot spa.
You don’t come to Hunter Valley for shopping unless you are stocking up your wine cellar…
Tours and Sightseeing
It’s just so pretty.
The landscapes are gorgeous, green and lush, with heaps of vineyards and rolling hills. You might even spot Kangaroos, Wallabies or other Ozzie wildlife. Something to make your Instagram followers jealous!
Hunter Valley Wine Tour
Our Hunter Gatherer’s tour is the most popular full day Hunter Valley wine tour in wine country. Join this tour and we take you for a private tasting to 4 or 5 of the Hunter Valley’s great wineries (small, boutique and big) to sample some delicious wines, we also highlight some of the produce made in our region.
We all know the Hunter is famous for its wines, but we also have a proud & thriving cottage industry that produces all sorts of other ingredients our local chefs love to use in their dishes. Olives & Olive oils, cheeses, organic poultry, snails, berries, herbs, jams & pickles & of course chocolates and much more are all produced right here in the Hunter Valley.
A typical itinerary for our day tour would include:
- A visit to 4 or 5 wineries. Including a vineyard walk (weather permitting).
- One of the great Hunter Valley wineries we visit is De Iuliis winery where we will conduct our famous cheese & wine experience. We match 9 different cheeses with 9 different wines and each booking will receive a complimentary copy of our cheese & wine matching guide to take with them as a memento of your visit.
- A generous lunch at a table set up amongst the vines.
Food, Wine and Nightlife
Did someone say “Cheese”?
Everyone knows that wine and cheese go hand in hand. Make sure you make a stop at the Hunter Valley Smelly Cheese shop (yes that’s its real name!). They offer a degustation as well as the opportunity to purchase a wide variety of fabulous cheese and treats.
For the love of chocolate
Chocolate lovers can also satisfy their sweet tooth with some delicious and local products at the Hunter Valley Chocolate Company.